Special Services » Child Find

Child Find

All children can learn. Some may need extra help.
How do I know if my child needs extra help?

ALL children grow and develop at different rates. A problem in one or two of the skill areas described may not be serious, but it is important to be certain. There is a link to the Developmental Chart in the top right corner of screen of standard developmental skills. The sooner the delay in development is discovered, the sooner help can be offered. Screening is the first step in identifying children who may need special services.
Are you concerned about your child exhibiting any of the following characteristics
  • Slow development
  • Difficulty with seeing or hearing
  • Difficulty with moving
  • Long-term health problems
  • Difficulty with speaking
  • Difficulty with getting along with others
  • Advanced academic talent
Bradley County Schools will provide free screenings to assess skills in:
  • body coordination
  • self-help
  • knowledge/concepts/creativity
  • speech/language
  • getting along with others
  • vision/hearing
If your son/daughter needs extra help, it is imperative he/she receive the necessary assistance at the earliest possible date. Early intervention yields the most positive outcome.
Who do I call if I am concerned? Birth to 2.5 Years 2.5 to 5 Years 5 Years or Older
Reside in Bradley County Call Tennessee's Early Intervention Sytem at 423-434-4401 Call Bradley County Schools Special Services, Child Find Coordinator, at 423-476-0620  Report your concerns to your child’s principal. The principal will tell you what to do next.