Resources » FAQs


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find what school my child is zoned for?
Visit the Transportation section to view the Bus Zone Locator. School zones are listed by bus route. Please be aware that some roads listed in the database are the city/county boundary.

How do I find my bus?
Visit the Transportation section to view the Bus Zone Locator. Please be aware that some roads listed in the database are the city/county boundary. If you live in the city you are not zoned for a county school bus.

How do I find the current district calendar?
The current school calendar is available on the District Calendar Page. You can subscribe to the District Calendar by clicking the subscribe link in the upper right section of the page.

How do I find a previous year district calendar?
Previous schools calendars can be found on the School Calendar Page in the For Parents section.

How do I find School Board Policies?
The School Board Policies and Procedures are available in the School Board section.
How do I find School Procedures?
All school procedures will be available on the school's website including student handbooks.  The schools websites are listed here - School Websites.

How do I pay for my student's lunch online?
Bradley County Schools use SchoolCafe online services.  Find out more information in the School Nutrition section including menu, pricing, and more.

How do I apply for free or reduced lunch?
Free or reduced priced meals applications are available to any student who qualifies according to USDA guidelines. Applications for free or reduced-priced meals may be obtained at your child's school or online using your SchoolCafe account. 

How do I register in one of your schools?
Please complete the School Registration form available in the Forms section and return to your school.

How do I find email addresses for BCS staff and board members?
All Central Office staff can be found in the Staff Directory.  All schools have a Staff Directory section on their website. School Board members are listed in the Staff Directory.

How do I find sporting events?
All school websites will have a calendar of sporting events. The schools' websites are listed here - School Websites.

How do I find grades, attendance, etc for my student?
Bradley County Schools uses Synergy Student Information System.  Parents may view student grades and attendance using the Parent Vue Portal.  Synergy also provides apps for iPhone and Android devices. Please visit the Synergy Links page for links to Synergy iTunes and Google Play apps. You will need an activation key to create your account.  Please contact your school for an activation key.

How do I report a bullying incident?
Bradley County Schools are currently switching reporting systems. The new system will be available in early July.

How do I report someone that went above and beyond?
"Above and Beyond" is a program designed by Bradley County Schools to honor educators, administrators, supervisors and staff who go above and beyond the call of duty to educate the children in Bradley County Schools. Visit Above and Beyond to find out more about the Above and Beyond program on click here to make a nomination.

How do I download the alert system for the county (Nixle)?
Visit the Nixle Page to learn how to sign up for notifications from the Cleveland/Bradley Emergency Management Agency.

How do I apply for a job in Bradley County Schools?
The Bradley County Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants for vacancies in the Bradley County School System. It is the policy of this school district that there shall be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment by reason of race, color, national origin, creed, marital status, sex, age, or disability. Click Available Jobs to view the available positions in the Bradley County Schools system.

How do I find the calendar for testing?
The calendar for testing will be available in the Data and Testing section.

How do I become a substitute teacher?
If you are applying for a substitute teacher position, you can start the application process, by visiting the Available Jobs Page and clicking Substitutes. After completing the application, you will need a recommendation from a current Bradley County principal. Once we receive the recommendation, you will then be contacted by the receptionist to complete new hire paperwork and be set up for fingerprinting.

How do I submit a Bid, RFP, or RFQ?
All Bradley County Schools Bids/RFP/RFQs are listed on the Bids, RFP, and RFQs page.  Please follow the instructions for each bid on how to submit.

How do I find the annual TN Report Card for BCS?
In the Additional Links section, click on TN Report Card and follow the instructions for viewing report card information on all Bradley County Schools.

How do I find the CTE Programs?
Visit the Program and Classes page on the Bradley County Schools Think CTE site.

How do I find School Safety Information?
All Bradley County Schools Safety information can be found in the Safety and Security section.