Bradley County Schools Mathematics Fluency Guidelines for Primary Grades
· Math fluency practice must begin early in the school year and continue throughout the year.
· Math fluency practice must occur daily at school.
· Math fluency practice must be differentiated for the learner.
· Math fluency practice must continue after a child reaches proficiency.
Math Fluency Options
Fact Fluency based on Strategies
Fluency Benchmark Standards can be found in the attached document.
Fluency Benchmark Standards for this site state that a student should know the correct answer within 3 seconds.
Fact Fluency Requirements
Common Core Fluency Recommendations
Common Core Standard for Fluency
· Count to 100 by 1’s and 10’s with no prompting.
· Match number sets 0 -20 with 100% accuracy.
· Add and subtract within 5.
· Add and subtract within 10.
· Add and subtract within 20. (Know single digit sums from memory.)
· Add and subtract within 100.
· Multiply and divide within 100.
(Know single digit products from memory.)
· Add and subtract within 1000.
· Add and subtract within 1,000,000.
· Multi-digit multiplication
Copyright © 2017 Bradley County Schools